Some guilt-free sweet indulgence.
Original recipe here.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Lakanto monkfruit (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans or nut of choice, chopped
- 2 cups of Carrots, shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 220 g Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Lakanto powdered sweetener
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside two 6in cake pans or one 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, olive oil, and vanilla extract.
3. Add in all other dry ingredients: Sweetener, Almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and salt.
4. Blend in melted butter, walnuts, and shredded carrots.
5. Transfer the batter evenly among the two prepared baking pans. Bake for 30-35 mins. Allow cake to cool before adding frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Blend all ingredients together. Cream cheese, powdered sweetener, butter, whipping cream, and vanilla extract. (Best results in blender or food processor)