Breakfast of champions, the Mexican way.
Original recipe here.
- 2 Eggs beaten
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Flour tortilla shells
- 2 slices bacon crumbed (and/or cooked, crumbed sausage)
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
- salsa and sour cream to taste
1. In a large skillet, scramble the eggs (add salt and pepper to taste).
2. Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla on the skillet or griddle and heat on one side.
3. When the tortilla is hot, flip and add half of the cheese.
4. Add scrambled egg and distribute evenly.
5. Add bacon over the top.
6. Sprinkle on remaining cheese and top with remaining tortilla. Cook for about 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt, then carefully flip (you don't want all the egg falling out).
7. When the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown remove from pan. Cut into quarter with a pizza cutter and serve with sour cream and/or salsa.