A breakfast or lunch flavour bomb to brighten up your day.
Original recipe here.
- 5 Cups vegetables (I used broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and yellow bell pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 220 g brie, rind removed and torn into small chunks
- 10 Large eggs
- 6 Egg whites (see tips below)
- 2 Tablespoons milk or white wine
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium, add butter or olive oil and saute the vegetables until somewhat softened. Sprinkle the sauteed veggies onto the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle the brie evenly over the top. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk (or wine) and Dijon mustard. Pour over the vegetables in the dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through. To check, use a knife to poke into the center. If you're seeing liquid, it needs more time in the oven. Slice and serve immediately.