Quick, easy, on-the-go egg muffins!
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 6 slices of ham or 6 large rashers of bacon
- 100g quick cooking veg (onions, mushrooms, baby marrows, cherry tomatoes, spinach, etc)
- salt & pepper
- fresh herbs (parsley, coriander or basil work well)
- handful cheese (cheddar, mozarella, feta, chevin, etc)
- You can omit the cream, and just add an extra egg
- This recipe makes 6 egg muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease 6 holes of a muffin pan. Line each hole with bacon or ham. It doesn't need to be perfect.
- Finely chop/ grate the veggies and the herbs, and divide equally between the muffin holes.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together, and season well. Pour equally into the muffin holes.
- Top each egg muffin with some cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until muffins are set. Allow to cool slightly.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge and re-heat when needed.