Mushroom and Camembert Frittata
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Gourmet breakfast for two.
Original recipe here.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 100 g Mushrooms
- 1 Tsp fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Clove garlic
- 4 Eggs
- 50 g Camembert
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Set your oven to 220°C. On the stovetop, in a non-stick frying pan with an ovenproof handle, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Sprinkle the thyme into the butter. Bruise the garlic under the flat side of a knife and add to the pan.
3. Place the mushrooms in the pan, stalk side down, and cook them for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; they will thirstily absorb most of the butter. Turn them over and let them cook until they are starting to release their own liquid.
4. Meanwhile, break the eggs into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Remove the garlic clove from the pan and discard. Pour in the eggs and immediately turn the heat down to low. Cook gently for a few minutes until it’s no longer completely runny. It does not have to set completely, like an omelette; only the base needs to be set at this stage.
6. Chop the camembert into small pieces and scatter over the frittata.
7. Put the pan into the oven and let it cook for 10 minutes. It’s ready when it has puffed up, letting you know that the top has set, and just starting to become golden around the edges.
8. Let it rest in the pan for 5 minutes before sliding onto a board or plate and cutting into wedges to serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?