Spoil yourself with this tasty fritatta recipe one morning to kick start your day.
- 300g Mushroom, Diced
- 250g Spinach, finely shredded, stalks disgarded
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Ground Corriander
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, crush
- 10 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 125g soft goats cheese
1. In a pan fry the mushrooms until softened (it is recommended to do this in an ovenproof fan, if you don't have one you can transfer to a baking dish later.)
2. Add the spinach until most of the liquid from the mushrooms and spinach has evaporated.
3. Add garlic and spices, fry for 5 more min and set aside to cool slightly
4. In a bowl mix the eggs and milk, season lightly (goats cheese can be salty)
5. Crumble the goats cheese over the spinach and mushrooms
6. Pour over the egg mixture.
7. Bake at 180 deg for 20-30 min until the centre is just set but still jiggly.
8. Start checking on the fritatta from 20 mins and then in 3 minute intervals thereafter.
9. Allow to cool slightly and serve.