Perfectly poached every time.
Original recipe here.
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar, optional
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, crack an egg into a small fine mesh sieve over a bowl. Swirl the egg in the sieve until all the liquidy egg whites have been removed. Then, place the egg in a ramekin.
3. Stir the vinegar into the water and create a vortex. Add the egg to the middle of the vortex and cook the egg for 3 minutes.
4. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and dab it on a paper towel to remove any excess water. Serve immediately.
5. Alternatively, if making the poached eggs for meal prep or ahead of time, transfer the cooked poached eggs to an ice water bath and refrigerate for a couple of days. When ready to serve, add boiling water to a bowl, then add the cold poached egg and submerge for 20-30 seconds or until warmed through. Remove the poached egg with a slotted spoon, dab dry and serve immediately.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?