Gourmet eggs made easy.
Original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease 4 small ramekin dishes with butter or oil.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil a skillet and saute the spinach until the leaves are wilted about 1 minute. Divide between the ramekin dishes.
3. In a medium-sized bowl whisk the ricotta cheese, remaining olive oil, and fresh thyme together. Place the mixture in each of the ramekin dishes placing it in the center and dividing the dish in half.
4. Pour 2 tablespoons of the heavy cream into each dish. Carefully crack an egg over the ricotta cheese. Season with salt.
5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the eggs harden slightly and are no longer runny. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.