Quick and easy meal for those chilly weekdays that the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, 2 crushed and 1 sliced
- 750 g Sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- 2 Rosemary sprigs
- 8 Slices Bread
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan fry the onions until soft. Add the 2 garlic cloves to the onion, then fry for 1 min more. Stir in the sweet potato, then cover with the stock and bring to the boil. Strip the leaves from one of the rosemary sprigs, then add to the pan. Simmer for 10 mins until the potato is soft.
2. Meanwhile, heat oven to 200 degrees. Place the bread on a baking sheet, then brush with olive oil. Rub the sliced garlic over the bread along with the leaves from the second rosemary sprig. Season, then bake for 10 mins until crisp and golden.
3. Use a hand blender to roughly purée the soup, adding a splash of hot water if it seems too thick. Season well, then pour into warmed bowls and serve with the toasts.