This is not your average sandwich, it is so much more.
Original recipe here.
- A slice of sourdough bread
- Mango chutney
- An egg
- Oil or butter for frying
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: fresh chilies, shichimi togarashi and balsamic vinegar
1. First toast some sesame seeds on a dry non-stick pan and then add them to a bowl and let them cool a bit.
2. Toast a piece of your finest sourdough bread. Smear on a generous layer of mango chutney, sweet or spicy, it’s up to you.
3. Fry up an egg. Heat your pan to medium low heat. Add some oil or butter and crack and egg (or however you’ll need) into the pan. Put a lid over top of the pan and cook the egg until the white has just set.
4. Put the fried egg on top of the chutney and add globs of yogurt on top. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds, Shichimi togarashi, fresh chilies, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper over top and eat while hot.