Perfect recipe for a totally meat-free dish.
Original recipe here.
- 45g Vegan Butter
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 500g Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 80ml Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1. Put the pasta on to cook according to the package instructions.
2. Then add the vegan butter to a pot along with the chopped onions and fry until the onions are softened.
3. Then add the sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic and oregano and fry until the mushrooms are softened.
4. Add the all purpose flour and fry with the mushrooms for around 1 minute before adding the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Stir in until combined and then keep stirring until it reaches a simmer. It will usually be the perfect thickness by the time it reaches a simmer or soon after.
5. Add in the salt, black pepper and dijon mustard and stir in.
6. Add the cooked pasta in with the sauce and toss together until well coated.
7. Serve with some fresh chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of black pepper.