Sweet and savoury, and totally delicious.
Original recipe here.
- 75 g Butter
- 4 Rashers of bacon
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 75 g Castor sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 175 ml Natural yoghurt
- 2 Ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 75 g Mild Cheddar, grated
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line 10 holes of a muffin tray with paper muffin cases. MMelt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly. Grill the bacon until crisp, chop and set aside.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and chopped bacon.
3. Mix together the eggs, yoghurt and melted butter. Add to the dry ingredients with the mashed banana and stir lightly until just mixed.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper muffin cases, sprinkle with chees and bake for 20-25 mins until well risen, golden and just firm to the touch.