A delicious, colourful addition for any meal time.
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked beet puree (about 2 1/2 peeled medium beets)
- 3 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. In a small bowl, combine yeast, sugar and water. Let rest 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. In another bowl combine flour and salt. Add in yeast mixture, beet puree and olive oil. Mix until just combined.
3. Knead, by hand or in a stand mixer fixed with the dough hook, about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let it rise until it is doubled. For about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
4. Remove the risen dough from bowl and shape into a round ball.
5. Place dough on an oiled baking tray or in a pan, lightly powdered with flour or baking sheet and cover again. Let rise until doubled, for another 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Before baking the bread, sprinkle the top with a little flour and serrate to with lines on any pattern you like.
7. Place the bread in the oven for 45 minutes.
8. Allow bread to cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing or serving.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?