Perfect as braai side.
Original recipe here.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen peas , thawed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese (approximately the same size as the peas)
- 8 slices bacon , cooked crispy and crumbled
1. Put sour cream, mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; whisk to combine.
2. Add peas, onion, cheese, and bacon to the bowl; gently stir to coat completely.
3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with some crispy bacon.