Perfect for parties or just to snack on while watching your favourite show.
Original recipe here.
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Medium beet (1 cup peeled and coarsely shredded with a grater.)
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1.25 Cups sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over the moderate heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the beets and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beets are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and honey and cook uncovered over high heat, stirring frequently, until the liquid has evaporated completely and the beets are very tender and dry, about 6 minutes longer.
2. Scrape the beet mixture onto a large plate and let cool. Fold in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper.