Easy and Quick Creamed Spinach
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Ready in just 15 min.
Original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 2 1/2 pounds baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese optional
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes; add garlic and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until onion softens.
3. Stir in cream cheese and milk (or heavy cream); cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted and smooth.
4. Stir in spinach; add nutmeg and cayenne pepper, and simmer over medium heat until spinach wilts and mixture thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove from heat and, if using, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?