Original recipe here.
- 5 to 6 Ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, chopped into thirds
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 of a medium)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 1 second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped.
2. Serve with tortilla chips. Note that salsa always tastes best after it's been refrigerated for a few hours, so if time allows let the flavors marinate together before serving.
3. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week