Healthy snack, side dish or a starter. This tasty treat ticks every box.
- 1 Medium Brinjal
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large egg whites, whisked
- Cooking oil, preferably grapeseed oil
1. Slice the brinjal into 1 cm thick discs. Place discs in colander and sprinkle with salt, making sure each disc has thin sprinkling on it and let them sit for 20 min or until beads of water form on the surface.
2. Rinse the brinjal discs off to remove salt and pat dry. Place discs on a flat surface and season with salt and pepper.
3. Brush the brinjals discs with a thin layer of egg whites, making sure the each slice is coated on each side.
4. Heat a thin layer of cooking oil in pan over medium heat.
5. Fry the discs in batches, making sure not to overlap any over the pan surface, for 2 - 3 min on each side or until golden brown.
6. Once discs are fried, dry with a paper towel. Serve and enjoy.