Goes perfectly with your favourite winter soup.
Original recipe here.
- 4 Cups Sourdough bread slightly stale, cubed
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 3/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees
2. Cut sourdough bread into cubes of desired size. I like about 1 cm cubes
3. Place the bread cubes into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat making sure all the bread is coated.
4. Add the seasonings and toss.
5. Spread the bread on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment you can line with foil or leave the sheet bare, it just makes clean up easier.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and bake an additional 15 minutes until the croutons are golden and feel dry when touched. Depending how fresh your bread was, it may take a few minutes longer to completely dry.
7. Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container until ready to use.