Simple, delicious and ready in just a few minutes.
Original recipe here.
- 4 ciabatta or whole wheat buns
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 200 g package of halloumi, thinly sliced into 8 pieces.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze or pesto (optional)
1. Brush the inside of the buns with a bit of olive oil. I actually used a spray olive oil to lightly coat the buns.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet or non-stick grill pan over medium heat. Place the buns cut side down on the pan while it heats up for 2-3 minutes. The buns should be just slightly toasted.
3. Place the halloumi slices in the pan in a single layer. (If your pan is small, you can do this in batches.)
4. Cook the halloumi for 2 minutes or until lightly browned then flip and continue to cook for 2 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
5. Top each sandwich with a slice of tomato and two pieces of halloumi.
6. Drizzle with balsamic glaze or pesto, if desired. Alex liked his plain, I liked mine with balsamic.