Perfect with soup on chilly evenings.
Original recipe here.
- 4 cups cubed sourdough bread or use any bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Optional: 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, toss the cubed bread with olive oil. If using a different quantity of bread, just lightly coat the bread in olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and any optional additions.
4. Spread in a single layer on a sheet pan.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes, give a stir and continue baking until golden, another 3-5 minutes.
6. Let cool completely. Store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.