Crispy little bites of flavour to add texture and crunch to your favourite salad or soup.
Original recipe here.
- 3 cups stale sourdough bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Place the oven rack in the middle position.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
3. In a large bowl, toss the cubed bread, melted butter, garlic powder, and minced garlic until combined.
4. Pour the butter and garlic coated croutons onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread out until somewhat evenly spaced.
5. Bake on the middle rack of the oven until they are golden brown and crispy - about 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Toss them halfway through to encourage even browning.
7. Cool completely and serve.
8. Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days.