Oven roasted turnips to warm you up! Mildly spicy, and delicious, give this easy recipe a try!
- 4 turnips, peeled & cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (use paprika for a less spicy version)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (or other hard cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Place turnips in a roasting dish (try and fit them in a single layer, so they bake evenly). Drizzle with olive oil, seasoning and spices, and toss well to make sure they're coated.
3. Sprinkle with parmesan, and toss gently.
4. Bake in a single layer for about 30-40 minutes, turning once. They should be golden on the outside, and soft on the inside.
5. Serve as a tasty side.
Original recipe & pic from Martha Stewart.