The perfect winter side to accompany your warm winter meals.
- 2 Medium Shallots
- 1 Tsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 900g Potatoes, washed and quartered
- 120g Cream Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees. Slice the bottom part of the root end of the shallots. Drizzle olive oil over the shallots, wrap in foil and cook in oven until very soft, about 20 min
2. Unwrap and remove the skin, chop shallot roughly and set aside.
3. Fill a large pot with cool water. Add the potatoes, and let them boil until tender, roughly 20 min. You should be able to pierce the potatoes quite easily with a fork when they're cooked.
4. Drain potatoes using strainer and return potatoes to the pot.
5. Add cream cheese, butter, whole milk and rosemary to the pot and roughly pound the potatoes with a potato masher to your desired consistency.
6. Stir in the shallots and season with salt and pepper to taste.