A delicious crispy base for some of your favourite pie fillings or quiche toppings.
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 6 teaspoons of cold fridge water
1. In large bowl combine flour and salt.
2. Cut the butter into the flour using a pastry blender or two knives to get a grainy texture and the butter is the size of peas.
3. Add water if needed, a spoonful at a time, just until the mixture holds when pressed between your fingers.
4. Form into a ball.
5. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
6. Put dough in between two sheets of wax paper, roll out the dough to thickness to like.
7. Use this dough to make your favourite pie or a quiche!