This recipe does contain a quite a few steps, but isn't really that hard to follow. The final product is absolutely delicious.
- Half a bunch of swiss chard, Stems removed and thinly sliced
- 10 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Heaped Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Heaped Tsp ground coriander
- 150 g Ricotta
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250 g Phyllo pastry
- Melted Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, fry the onion and spices on a medium heat for about 5 min.
2. Add the garlic and zucchini, and fry until soft
3. Add the swiss chard and cook until wilted, but still vibrant.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. In a bowl mix the ricotta with the lemon zest and juice and add the cooled veg.
6. Season to taste
7. Cut the thawed phyllo sheets in half width-wise and with a damp towel.
8. Working with 2 halves at a time (1 on top of the other) brush with butter and place generous spoonful of the filling in one corner and fold into a triangle, trying to make sure your corners are sealed.
9. Placed on greased baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 20 min or until golden and crisp.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?