This recipe does contain a quite a few steps, but isn't really that hard to follow. The final product is absolutely delicious.
- Half a bunch of swiss chard, Stems removed and thinly sliced
- 10 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Heaped Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Heaped Tsp ground coriander
- 150 g Ricotta
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250 g Phyllo pastry
- Melted Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, fry the onion and spices on a medium heat for about 5 min.
2. Add the garlic and zucchini, and fry until soft
3. Add the swiss chard and cook until wilted, but still vibrant.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. In a bowl mix the ricotta with the lemon zest and juice and add the cooled veg.
6. Season to taste
7. Cut the thawed phyllo sheets in half width-wise and with a damp towel.
8. Working with 2 halves at a time (1 on top of the other) brush with butter and place generous spoonful of the filling in one corner and fold into a triangle, trying to make sure your corners are sealed.
9. Placed on greased baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 20 min or until golden and crisp.