Mexican fiesta night made easy.
Original recipe here.
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeño, cored and finely diced (add more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- (Optional: 1 roma tomato, cored and chopped)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados to your desired consistency.
2. Stir in the jalapeño, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin until well-mixed. (If adding tomatoes, stir them in at the very end.)
3. Taste and season with extra salt (plus extra lime juice, jalapeño and/or cilantro) if needed.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy!