Smooth, creamy and easy to make butternut soup.
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Small onion, choped
- 1 Celery stalk, chopped
- 1 Medium carrot, chopped
- 2 Medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 Medium butternut, cubed
- 900ml Chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large pot, and cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and squash for 5 min or until lightly browned.
2. Add the chicken stock to cover the vegetables.
3. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
4. Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve.