Carrot-Parsnip Soup with Parsnip Chips
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Winter warmer packed with flavour.
Original recipe here.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2.5 Cups chopped yellow onion
- 3 Cups coarsely chopped parsnip
- 3 Cups water
- 2.5 Cups coarsely chopped carrot
- 2 Cans fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth
- 0.25 Tsp salt
- 0.25 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 Cup parsnip, cut into thin slices
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add chopped parsnip, water, carrot and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes
2. Place half of carrot mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed carrot mixture in a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining carrot mixture. Stir in salt and pepper.
3. Heat remaining 5 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsnip slices; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle parsnip chips and chives over soup.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?