A simple side salad, using fresh, seasonal veggies. Make it your own - add olives, feta, fresh herbs, whatever you like!
- 200g soft leafy salad greens, like lettuce, baby spinach or morogo
- 4 tomatoes, or a couple handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cucumber
- red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- squeeze of lime or lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Mix and match your salad ingredients. Don't have cucumber? Leave it out! Have some radishes in the fridge, add them to the mix!
1. Roughly chop the salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber and celery, and mix together in a bowl. Season.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and pesto until combined. Season to taste.
3. Drizzle the chopped ingredients with the dressing and squeeze of lemon or lime juice.