Crispy Baked Avocado Fries & Chipotle Dip
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Friday evening healthy snack.
Original recipe here.
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lime, optional
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Chipotle dipping sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 Degrees C. Pour 1 tablespoon oil in sheet tray or baking dish; set aside.Squeeze fresh lime juice on avocado slices to preserve their color while baking (this step is optional). Season with salt, pepper. Dredge in flour then dip in egg and coat in panko breadcrumbs. Be sure the avocado slices are coated very well in the panko.
2. Place in a single layer on the greased sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining oil or spray with cooking spray. This will help the avocado slices crisp in the oven.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the avocados are golden and crispy. If desired, more oil can be drizzle while they are baking for additional crispness.
4. Serve with my chipotle dipping sauce (get the recipe here) or with ranch, ketchup, or your favorite dip!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?