A textured salad perfect for warm day.
Original recipe here.
- Packaged Cabbage Slaw – but you could chop your own green cabbage.
- Red Cabbage – or use an equivalent amount of extra packaged slaw.
- Matchstick Carrots – you could also cut your own here.
- Shelled Edamame – found in the frozen vegetable section of your grocery store.
- Green Onions
- Package of Ramen Noodles – broken up and toasted.
- Slivered Almonds – toasted as well.
- Sunflower Seeds – optional salad topping.
- Oil – use either regular sesame oil or canola oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – or Rice Wine Vinegar would be nice too.
- Honey – used to sweeten instead of sugar.
- Soy Sauce – to give an Asian flavor.
- Chili Paste or Sriracha – for some added flavor (and color!). This won’t make it super spicy, it’s just for flavor. Try it, you’ll like it!
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
1. Mix the salad dressing together, and shake vigorously. Set aside, or in the refrigerator if you are prepping in advance.
2. Microwave the frozen edamame. Add a pinch of salt, and let cool.
3. Break up the ramen noodles, and toast on the stove top until fragrant and slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
4. Toast the slivered almonds as well. Set aside to cool.
5. Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. To serve, drizzle salad dressing on top, and mix well. EAT.