Simple, healthy and delicious!
Original recipe here.
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, approx 10 stems
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt, to taste
1. Wash and clean the chard leaves. Depending on your preference, you can remove the stems at the bottom of the leaves or keep them and slice them up. Roll the leaves into a cigar-like shape and slice across horizontally into one-inch wide strips.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for one minute.
3. Add the water and chard stems and cook for 1-2 minutes, until softened. Add the chard leaves and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. The chard leaves will wilt down.
4. Before serving, sprinkle with sea salt.