Grilled Broccoli and Radish Salad with Garlicky Miso Dressing
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
45 - 55 min
Crunchy and delicious, perfect as a meal or as a side.
Original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for garlic
2 heads broccoli, ends trimmed, stemm peeled, and sliced into long spears
- 1 bunch radishes with greens attached, halved if large
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds or chopped roasted peanuts, for serving
For the dressing (makes 2/3 cup):
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp white or yellow miso paste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high, direct heat (400 to 450ºF). Once hot, turn off one of the burners for indirect heat. (For charcoal grills, keep the hot coals on one side of the grill for indirect grilling.) Place both halves of the garlic head (from the dressing ingredients) in the middle of a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with a big pinch of salt. Wrap the garlic in the foil and place on the grill over indirect heat. Cover and grill until a center clove of garlic is completely soft when pierced with a paring knife, 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toss the broccoli and radishes with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. When the garlic is almost done, place the broccoli and radishes on the grill in a single layer over direct heat. Grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and crisp tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Unwrap the garlic and squeeze the cloves into a large bowl; mash with a fork. Add the remaining dressing ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine. Transfer half the dressing to an airtight container.
4. Add the broccoli and radishes to the bowl with the remaining dressing and toss to coat. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds or peanuts. Serve with more dressing, if desired. Save the remaining dressing for leftovers, or to use on other grilled veggies or chicken.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?