This quick & simple stir-fry is full of healthy greens, and is a great way to enjoy kale!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3-4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 broccoli head, florets roughly chopped and separated
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce (you could use fish sauce, or soy sauce instead)
- 1/2 red onion (or use extra spring onions, or a normal onion)
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 chilli, thinly slices (or dried chilli flakes)
- lime or lemon wedges, to serve
- Feel free to add beef or chicken strips, or even soft boiled eggs, to bulk this meal
- change up the veggies as you like!
1. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, on high heat
2. Stir-fry the garlic & spring onion for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli & kale, and fry for a further minute.
3. Add the water, and fry until the veggies are bright green, and almost cooked
4. Add the chickpeas, oyster sauce, onion, coriander, ginger and chilli, and stir-fry until heated through, maybe another minute.
5. Serve immediately with some lime wedges, to squeeze over.
Recipe & Image from Yuppiechef.