Shout out to the Fun-Ghi's.
Original recipe here.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g mushrooms
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) white wine or rose
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy / thickened cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1. Heat oil and melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and leisurely cook until golden brown - takes about 4 to 5 minutes. No need to stir constantly.
2. Just before they're done, add the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until garlic is golden (~ 1 minute).
3. Add white wine - it will sizzle! Stir, scraping the bottom of the skillet, for 1 minute or until mostly evaporated.
4. Add broth, cream and parmesan. Stir, then lower heat to medium so the sauce is simmering - do not boil rapidly, cream may split.
5. Stir occasionally and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until it thickens. It shouldn't be super thick, this is a rich sauce.
6. Stir through thyme, adjust salt and pepper to taste. Remove from stove.
7. Serve over steak or other cooked protein. Toss through pasta, stuff into baked potatoes, serve with roast beef, chicken or pork, smothered omelettes. See in post for more ideas!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?