Quick and easy pickle.
Original recipe here.
- 450g Green beans spears
- 2 tablespoons thyme, or other herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 cup (235 ml) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Optional: sliced radish, bell pepper, carrots, or other vegetables
1. Cut the green beans: Wash green beans and remove the stems, making sure the green beans will fit into the desired pickling jar with room for water to completely cover the spears.
2. Prepare the pickling jar: Add cut green beans to a tall jar and add thyme or other desired herbs, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
3. Prepare and add the brine: In a medium saucepan bring the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil. Once boiling, pour into the jar until the liquid completely submerges the green beans. Close the lid on the jar tightly.
4. Pickling instructions: Let the jar cool on the counter until it reaches room temperature. Once cooled, put the jar into the refrigerator and let the green beans pickle for at least three hours before serving, but for best results serve after at least 24 hours. Quick pickled green beans are good up to one month in the refrigerator.