Tummy cuddling comfort food.
Original recipe here.
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 700 g potatoes
- 180 ml white wine
- 3 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 340 g radish (Black Spanish or white, summer)
- 3/4 c. cream
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- Dash black pepper (to taste, freshly ground)
- Garnish: croutons
1. Dice the onion, garlic, and peel and dice the potatoes. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the potatoes and continue to cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Pour in the white wine to deglaze and cook, stirring until the wine is almost gone. Add the broth and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, peel the radish and cut into thin slices. Add to the potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
4. If you wish, puree the soup and then return to pan. Add the cream (optional) and salt and pepper to taste. You may also leave it chunky.
5. Serve hot with buttered croutons, or add sliced sausage and heat through.