Simple, yet delicious way to enjoy this beautiful product.
Original recipe here.
- 2 quarts water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 large artichokes
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 Lemon wedges
1. Set the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat to 475ºF (246ºC).
2. Fill a large bowl with water and lemon juice.
3. Prepare artichokes by using a chef’s knife to cut off about 1-inch of leaves from the top of the artichoke.
4. Trim the stem by ¾-inches in length. Pull off the bottom 3 to 4 rows of the tough outer leaves.
5. Use kitchen shears to trim any sharp tips on the remaining leaves.
6. Using a small knife, trim the tough dark green outer layer of the stem and base.
7. Cut the artichokes in half through the center.
8. Use a spoon to remove the hairy choke and any purple colored leaves.
9. Immediately transfer the cut artichokes cut-side down in the lemon water.
10. Repeat with the remaining artichokes.
11. Coat the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
12. Remove the artichokes from the lemon water, shaking off any excess moisture, it’s ok if the leaves are still wet.
13. Place artichokes cut-side up in the baking pan. Evenly drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
14. Carefully rub the olive oil, salt, and pepper between the artichoke leaves.
15. Flip the artichokes over, cut-side down. Cover tightly with foil and then place in the oven.
16. Roast until the cut-sides are golden-brown and the outer leaves and base can be easily pierced with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
17. Season artichokes with more salt and pepper, and serve warm with lemon wedges.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?