These gorgeous midlle eastern inspired aubergines will convince any nay-sayers, they are just so yummy!
- 2 large aubergines, quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp good quality hummus
- a good squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup full fat natural yoghurt
- Mint leaves, or fresh basil leaves (optional, to garnish)
- Pomegranate rubies (optional, to garnish)
- Creamy goats cheese (optional, to garnish)
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees
2. Place the aubergines in a large, shallow baking tray, drizzle with oilve oil, season with salt and add a sprinkle of cumin and or coriander.
2. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients together and adjust to taste.
4. Arrange the roasted aubergines onto a pretty platter, garnish with fresh mint leaves, pomegranate rubies, goats cheese if using, and a drizzle of the creamy dressing. Add an extra drizzle of olive oil if you like and serve immediately.
This recipe is from Sarah Graham.