A warm salad of roasted tomatoes and fresh salad greens.
- 500g tomatoes, roughly chopped (you can use a selection of colours and sizes)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely slices
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary (dried will work too)
- olive oil
- 4 handfuls of salad greens and herbs (baby spinach, lettuce, rocket, basil)
- 1/2 lemon
- 100g Feta
- 20g toasted nuts (pecans, pine nuts, etc)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Place the tomatoes, garlic and thyme leaves in a roasting tray, and drizzle with olive oil. Season well.
3. Roast for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 120 degrees, and roast for another hour or so, depending on the size of your tomatoes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. Put the salad leaves and herbs in a bowl and coat with olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and toss well.
5. Divide between 4 plates, top with tomatoes, nuts & feta.
Original recipe adapted from I Quit Sugar.