Delicious and aromatic brinjals in just a few minutes.
Original recipe here.
- 400 g Brinjal
- 2 Onions
- 1/4 Cup coconut
- 1/4 Cup peanuts
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Sprig curry leaves
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves
1. Dry roast peanuts until nicely done. Saute sesame, cumin and coconut in the same pan. Cool them.
2. Saute onions until golden in 1 tsp oil. Saute also ginger garlic until the smell goes off.
3. Add chilli powder, coriander or garam masala powder and salt. Cool all these and blend to a coarse paste. Add lemon juice or tamarind as desired and mix well. Taste it and adjust the salt and chilli.
4. Wash and slit brinjals by keeping them intact towards the stem.
5. Stuff this mixture and set them aside.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?