A tasty twist to your favourite veggies.
Original recipe here.
- Gem squashes (use the amount you need)
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 3 Grass Onions (chopped)
- 1 Chilli (chopped)
- 200 g Baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Grated Cheese (just enough for the topping)
- Paprika (to taste)
1. Cook the Jasmin Rice according to instructions on the packet, set aside.
2. Cut the gem squashes in halves, spoon out the flesh. Place the squashes in a microwave dish and cook for 10 minutes on high, or until the flesh is cooked.
3. When cooked place squashes in an ovenproof dish.
4. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it stops bubbling. This allows the water from the butter to evaporate. Add the spinach and cook for about 5 minutes while stirring, until the leaves are darker and are about 1/4 of their original size.
5. Add the cooked rice to the spinach. Add the chopped chillies and grass onions. Mix well with two forks.
6. Add spoons full of this mixture to the squashes, top them up with grated cheese and sprinkle the paprika on each squash.
7. Grill in oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese bubbles.
8. Serve as it is as a main meal or with any meat and salads.