Whole Roasted Cauliflower
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Incredibly easy to make and packed with fantastic flavour. Can even be enjoyed on its own... yumm!
Original recipe here.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme , (15g)
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 large cauliflower , with outer leaves (1kg)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 x 400 g tin of quality plum tomatoes
- 40 g flaked almonds
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley , (15g)
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Peel the garlic, then add to a pestle and mortar with the paprika and half the thyme leaves. Bash well to a rough paste, then muddle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season.
3. Zest the lemon into a separate bowl and set aside.
4. Trim the outer cauliflower leaves. Trim away and discard the stalk so the cauliflower can sit flat, then cut a cross into the base.
5. Rub the paprika paste all over the cauliflower, then place in a medium casserole pan. Drizzle over the sherry and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
6. Cover and pop in the hot oven for around 1 hour 20 minutes, or until tender, removing the lid for the final 20 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the oven, then pour in the tomatoes, tearing or slicing them up into chunks. Sprinkle over the lemon zest and pick over the remaining thyme leaves.
8. Return the pan to the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden.
9. Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium-low heat until golden, then leave to cool.
10. Once ready, take the pan out of the oven. Scrunch over the toasted almonds, then pick, roughly chop and scatter the parsley leaves on top.
11. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then carve up and serve with pilaf rice and steamed greens, or as part of a bigger spread.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?