They will drive you coconuts!
- 220 grams mixed milk & dark chocolate – chopped into small pieces
- 150 grams butter – melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup or 225grams caster sugar
- 1/2 cup or 64 grams self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup or 32 grams plain flour
- 40 grams cocoa
- 100 grams desiccated coconut
- 200 grams condensed milk
- Half a tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C. Spray and Cook your brownie tin (8″ x 8″) or pyrex and then line the bottom with baking paper.
2. Place your chopped up chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Melt the butter and pour it over the chocolate. Give it a good stir until all the chocolate has melted. If you need to stick the bowl in the microwave for A FEW SECONDS, it’s fine. Just keep an eye on it so the chocolate doesn’t burn and the mixture doesn’t land up being too hot.
3. In another bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla essence and castor sugar together.
4. Pour this into your chocolate/butter mixture and stir it with a spatula until everything is nicely incorporated.
5. Add the self-rasing flour, flour and cocoa and give it another stir with a spatula. Be sure not to overmix the batter.
6. In a medium bowl add the condensed milk, coconut and vanilla essence. Mix it all together with a wooden spoon.
7. Fill your baking tin with about half your brownie mixture, then gently spoon your coconut mixture on top making sure not to push it too hard into the brownie mix. I used my fingers to gently spread it out.
8. Cover the coconut layer with the remaining brownie mixture. Smooth it out using a spatula, then pop it into the oven for between 35-40 minutes. You want the middle to be a bit gooey when it comes out. Let it cool in the pan for a good 20 minutes before removing it and cutting it into squares.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?