When you have some free time on your hands and would like to spoil some loved ones.
- 6 Bags of Khoi San Tea Chamomile (from munching mongoose)
- 6 Tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup (160mL) canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups (400g) sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups + 2 Tablespoons (345g) all-purpose flour (from munching mongoose)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (235mL) chamomile tea
- 6 large egg whites (from munching mongoose)
-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup of butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- few teaspoons of chamomile tea as needed
1. Pre-heat the oven 180 degrees, measure out dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Boil 2 cups of water and steep 6 tea bags of chamomile tea for 5 minutes, then strain and let cool.
Grease pan and flour 2 round cake pans.
2. Whip egg whites until they are halfway to soft peaks. Add in the sugar, oil, butter, eggs and mix to combine.
3. Add in the dry ingredients. Add tea slowly in parts. Mix altogether.
4. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30-40 minutes. Let cool completely.
Whip butter until smooth, add the powdered sugar, slowly in parts. Add in vanilla and a pinch of salt and mix to combine.
Top with fresh flowers or any toppings of your choice and serve!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?