- 200g butter room temp
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 280g cake flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 45g cocoa powder
- 350ml milk
- 120g chocolate I used half 70% Lindt and half milk choc
- 170g room temp unsalted butter
- 150g icing sugar
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180° then Spray & Cook 2 standard sized cake tins. I also pop a round piece of baking paper at the bottom of each tin.
2. With an electric mixer cream the butter & sugar together for about 3 mins, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt & cocoa together before adding them to your wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, beat until combined. Do not overbeat.
4. Evenly distribute the cake batter into the two cake pans & bake for ±28 mins depending on your oven.
5. Once done leave them in the pans for a few mins to cool before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
1. In a bowl beat the butter & icing sugar together until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl melt the chocolate either over a pot of simmering water or in the microwave a little bit at a time. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Add the melted chocolate into the butter mixture & start mixing it immediately with an electric mixer, beat until glossy & smooth.
4. Place one half of the cake onto a plate & then add a layer of icing.
5. Place the 2nd half of the cake onto the iced middle & start spreading the remainder of the icing all around the sides and top of the cake.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?