A delicious treat packed with nutrients and flavour.
Original recipe here.
- 1 Large butternut squash, 5 to 6 cups, seeded and cubed.
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp ginger
- 1/8 Tsp sea salt
- 2 to 6 Tbsps almond milk, if necessary, to blend
- Optional toppings: coconut cream, chocolate shavings, toasted pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the squash cubes on the baking sheet and toss with just a little bit of olive oil. Roast for 30 to 35 min or until tender.
3. Transfer the squash to a blender and add the coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Blend until smooth, adding almond milk, if necessary, to reach a blendable consistency. Taste and adjust the sweetness and spices to your liking.
4. Transfer to ramekins or bowls and chill 4 hours or overnight. Server with desired toppings.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?