A healthy dessert that will leave begging for more.
Original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut butter
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons raisins or chopped dates
- 1 –2 tablespoons coconut sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the nut butter, milk, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. It will be thick but should be smooth.
3. Transfer to a baking dish or glass pie plate.
4. Peel the bananas and slice in half lengthwise.
5. Place banana slices in the mixture, then gently flip so both sides are coated.
6. Sprinkle on the raisins or chopped dates, followed by the coconut sugar, if using.
7. Bake for 17–20 minutes. Serve hot or warm preferably. While still good cooled, this dessert is definitely best a little warm—ice cream prefers it that way!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?