Crunchy on the outside and beautifully moist on the inside.
Original recipe here.
- 3 cups grated halloumi cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can (410 grams – 14.45 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup peanut oil or good quality mild olive oil
- 5 - 6 tbsp dried mint or 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2½ - 3 cups of self-raising flour
1. In a big bowl whisk the eggs (no mixer required), add the grated cheese, the oil, milk, dried mint (be generous with it) and the flour.
2. Mix for a few minutes until all the ingredients are well combined.
3. Grease and flour a 22 cm (8 3/4 inch) Bundt form or a 26 cm round baking tin.
4. Pour in the mixture and bake in a preheated oven to 180o C / 350o F for about 50 minutes to one hour until the crust is golden brown.